In this article:
BP – USD
Bitcoin / USD
Ethereum / USD
Since some of Russia’s richest oligarchs have been shunned by the world’s financial system, many have come out in protest. Speaking at a press conference today, one of these, Ukranian-born billionaire Mikhail Fridman, said he would fight the sanctions imposed by the European Union.
The Russian Federation announced today temporary curbs on foreigners seeking to exit Russian assets, due to the mass exodus caused by European sanctions.
Other significant business and economic news
Visa (V) and Mastercard Inc have blocked Russian financial institutions from its network, as sanctions continue to grow against Moscow over its invasion of Ukraine.
- Stocks: European stocks continued to fall today, as investors grew uncertain over the escalating war in Ukraine.
- Oil: Oil prices continued to rise as the conflict drove concerns over a supply shortage.
- Gold: Gold prices were slightly down today, driven by the Russian and Ukraine ceasefire talks overnight.
- Forex: The Russian rouble continued to fall today due to the conflict. The Swiss franc hit a seven-year high, as investors looked to haven currencies.
- Crypto: Bitcoin was up today over 10% and Ethereum surged over 14% in afternoon trading today.